Living Options can support your diversity and inclusion strategy by providing professional disability awareness training to your organisation.
Disability is an evocative subject and many people are unsure of how to communicate with disabled people without offending. Equally, many employers and managers are not equipped to ensure their disabled employees are treated equitably. Our disability awareness and inclusivity training courses cover all disabilities, including hidden disabilities, Autism, and Deaf awareness. We aim to help learners understand the challenges that disabled people can face and learn how to be more inclusive.
Gain the tools you need to start implementing inclusive changes in your organisation.
- Ensure that your staff are confident in supporting disabled people and can communicate with them appropriately
- How to ensure you run inclusive and accessible events and meetings
- Embed inclusion into the culture of your organisation
- Enable your workforce to become disability confident
Inclusivity is beneficial
- Allow your entire workforce to feel included, supported, and empowered
- Increase staff retention and disability disclosure
- Increase revenue by reaching the £148Bn market that UK disabled people generate
- Meet the legal requirements of disability discrimination legislation such as the Equality Act (2010)
- Ensure that your business environment, policies, and procedures are accessible
- Check that your internal and external communication is reflective of best practice accessibility guidelines, tone and terminology
- Become a Disability Confident Employer
Learn from real-life experiences
Our qualified trainers have lived experience of disability, autism, and Deaf culture. They deliver practical workshop sessions covering:
- The barriers disabled people face
- Appropriate language and best practice communication
- Best practice assistance for disabled people
- How people with disabilities access information
- Real-life scenarios to demonstrate reasonable adjustments
Disability Awareness Training
Deaf Awareness Training and BSL Workshops
Get in touch
For all inquiries including more information on our training, products, and service and to book an accessible meeting room please contact our HUB hosts. Alternatively, complete the contact form and one of our friendly HUB hosts will be in touch with you.
We offer bespoke quotes for individual pieces of work, products, and training. Please get in touch to discuss this with a member of the team.
Telephone: 01392 459 222
Did you know Living Options Devon is a charity? We offer a range of support services for disabled people and members of the Deaf community where British Sign Language is their first language. In booking a meeting room, training session or product with us you are supporting our charity. All profits go directly to supporting our beneficiaries across the south west of England. More about us.